The instructor WILL NOT provide legal advice or opinion. The instructor IS NOT representing any Law Enforcement Agency.
I, the undersigned, hereby assume all risks by agreeing to the following:
1. That I am voluntarily participating in the Firearms Training Course (class) by MODTAC Training Group LLC, and its owners, employees or contracted trainers. I understand the risks and hazards involved, and I recognize serious and life-threatening injuries can occur while carrying or using a firearm, participating in class or later, from the materials presented during this course, whether caused by the passive or active negligence of Dave Mason, MODTAC Training Group LLC, of 9275 Christopher CT Elizabeth, Elbert County Colorado, it’s owners, employees or contracted trainers, and its entities or otherwise.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in class. I represent that I am physically fit and I have no medical, physiological, psychological, or any other condition, which would prevent my full participation in the firearms class.
3. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities of the firearms training class, I agree to assume full responsibility for any and all risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the class.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the firearms training class, I, my legal heirs, executors, administrators, next of kin, successors, or legal representatives knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive, release, discharge, hold harmless and promise to indemnify and covenant not to sue Dave Mason, MODTAC Training Group LLC, contracted trainers; their agents, investors, facilities owner, officers, director, shareholders, employees, instructors, volunteers, or representatives from any and all injuries or damages of whatsoever kind and nature that I may sustain as a result of participating in the firearms training class, or of direct or indirect use of the instruction of the class. I understand that this type of training may result in minor injuries such
as bruises and lacerations, twisted ankles, sunburn etc.
6. I certify that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and I am legally entitled to own and use a handgun and/or firearm.
7. I agree that any provisions of this release are held to be invalid, nevertheless, the balance of the release shall continue in full force and effect.
8. I agree that if the instructor believes that I am or will be involved in criminal activity, the instructor will expel me front the class with no refund. I also agree to hold the parties covered in this waiver are not liable for slander and/or libel as part of being expelled.
9. I agree that if the instructor believes that I am or will be or am being, unsafe or dangerous, the instructor will expel me from the class with no refund. I also agree to hold the parties covered in this waiver are not liable for slander and/or libel as part of being expelled.
10. I understand that photos and video may be taken during the course and agree that my image may be used for advertising or training purposes and that extreme close up frontal facial angles and names will not be published without prior written approval.
11. I understand that I must sign this release of liability and fully comprehend the structure and nature of the class, and also the risks involved before being allowed to participate in this class.